A zone represents the space on a Publisher's website that you are serving ads to. There are multiple strategies for making use of them, and depending on the type of ad you are serving, you'll use a different zone for specific situations. Read more about zone setup strategies...
To serve ads to a zone, you can:
- create ad items directly inside a zone
- assign advertiser campaigns
- assign to a channel (you must have a channel created in order to do this)
- create a popup (similar to creating an ad item inside a zone but allows more options)
After you have created a zone, you will copy a small chunk of code and paste that within the HTML document where the zone exists. Read more about retrieving zone tags ...
How a Zone Works
An empty publisher zone
How to create a zone
- Open the Publisher who you want to add the zone to. You may need to expand the publisher tree by clicking the
+beside Publishers on the left-hand side.
- Click the Add New button to bring up the zone creation menu.
- Select which type of publisher you would like to make.
- Enter the Name of the zone and, if applicable, the Size. You can either enter a custom size or use a predefined one.
- Click the Save button to finish making the zone.
Different zone types
You'll need to make a zone that matches the ad item or campaign type that you want to serve.
|Standard Zone||The most common zone type. Used for serving image ads (jpg,png, or gif), HTML/Rich-media, Flash or 3rd Party Scripts|
|Text Ad Zone||Used for serving basic text and hyperlink ads with inline CSS styling.|
|VAST Ad Zone||Used for serving VAST video ads to display in a VAST compliant video player.|
|Email Ad Zone||A standard zone that is optimized for serving image-based ads in emails or newsletters.|