How to auto refresh zones for ad rotation
Enabling auto refresh in a standard zone allows the zone to rotate through the ads assigned to it at regular intervals while a viewer is on the page in which the zone is assigned.
You can set the time interval between refreshes and set a maximum number of times the zone will refresh. When the page is refreshed, the auto refresh counter will reset.
By default, auto refresh is disabled.
How to enable auto refresh for ad rotation when creating Standard zones
- Go to the section of the relevant publisher (Your AdButler > Publishers > Your Publisher).
- Click Add Zone above the table of zones. The Create Zone window will appear.
- Click on Standard. The Create Standard Zone window will appear.
- Click on the switch beside Enable Ad Refreshing to make it turn green.
- Fill in the remaining zone details then click Create Zone.
How to enable auto refresh for ad rotation in existing Standard and Native zones
- Go to the section of the relevant zone (Your AdButler > Publishers > Your Publisher > Your Zone).
- Click on Edit Zone Properties on the right menu. The Edit Zone window will appear.
- Click on the Enable Ad Refreshing switch to make it turn green. A set of options will appear.
- Enter the refresh period in Refresh Timer. Enter the limit of refreshes in Refresh Maximum.
Click Run Timer When in View to enable it. (optional)
Select a Queue Mode. (optional)
Click Save Changes.
To disable auto refresh, click Enable Ad Refreshing. The switch should turn gray.
Run Timer When in View
When enabled, the timer will begin and continue counting down only when the entire ad is visible.
Let's say a zone has a refresh timer of 30 seconds. If the current ad on the zone is fully visible for only 10 seconds, the countdown will stop at 20 seconds and will resume only when the entire ad is shown on the page again. Otherwise the refresh timer works as normal - the zone will be refreshed when the countdown hits 0.
An additional setting based on viewability. An ad is considered viewable when at least 50% of its pixels have been in the viewable space of a user's browser for at least a certain period. The default period is one second.
The refresh timer will begin and continue counting down as soon as the ad is served, whether or not the ad is viewable. This is the default mode. When selecting this mode, consider enabling Run Timer When in View if possible to ensure ads aren't replaced when they most likely haven't been seen yet.
The refresh timer will begin and continue counting down as soon as the ad is deemed viewable. When Viewable mode is selected and Run Timer When in View is enabled, the timer will start 1 second (by default) after the entire ad becomes visible. Further, the timer will pause when the ad is no longer fully visible, even if it's still considered viewable.