How to set a default or house ad
A default or house ad is a catchall set in AdButler to display when no other ad item can be served. These ads are very useful for selling the ad spot directly or when you are tapping into programmatic sources and want to make sure failed auctions still receive an ad. This can also offset potential issues with Unique Delivery.
Default ads are set on a per zone basis, and can be either a campaign or an ad item added directly to the zone. A successfully set default ad will serve when no other placement can. Even if the default ad is paused, it will still show if nothing else can.
Setting a default ad does not cause the ad to ignore its schedule. Rather, a default ad can be thought of having two schedules, its defined one and a second, last resort schedule. If you only want a default ad to show when no other ads can, it's best to disable the ad by clicking the Status button.
- Create the default ad item. You can do this either directly within the relevant zone, or within a campaign.
- If you decided to create the ad item within a campaign, assign the campaign to the relevant zone. When creating the ad item within the relevant zone or while assigning the campaign to the zone, select House  as the Priority.
- Go to the section of the zone where you assigned the default ad or campaign (Your AdButler > Publishers > Your Publisher > Your Zone ).
- Check the box beside the placement you will be using as the default ad.
- Click the Default button at the bottom of the table.
- The placement will be labeled default ad to indicate your changes.