Creating an HTML5 rich media Ad item
A HTML5 Rich Media Ad item is an IAB compatible HTML5 ZIP archive which includes an HTML file and any scripts or media needed.
You must insert click-tracking macro's into the HTML code to ensure that clicks are recorded in AdButler. Read more about click-tracking macros ...
To create a HTML5 Rich Media Ad item:
- In the Advertiser Campaign or Zone of your choosing, click on "Add New..." under ad items.
- Select "HTML5 Rich Media Ad item" from the Ad item Type list.
- Specify a name for the ad, as all ad items need names.
- Specify a "Destination URL," where you want the ad item to send a user after a click. This can be left blank if you do not want a click through or the ad item provides its own click-through.
- Set the Display SIze for the ad item. You can choose from a variety of preset dimensions or enter your own.
- Upload the creative in .zip format (or select from Media Library), ensuring that you have included the applicable AdButler Tracking Macro so your ad registers the click event.
Use only alphanumeric characters when naming the zip file.
- If there are multiple HTML files in your .zip, make sure to choose the correct one.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen to save any changes you made. If adding the ad item directly to a zone, you'll also need to set the schedule for the ad item on this screen.
Optional fields during ad item creation
|Destination URL||The URL users will go to if they click the ad item and the
|Tracking pixel||The URL of an impression tracking pixel.|
Currently, all HTML5 / Rich Media ad items need to be hosted through your media library. We cannot make retrieve externally hosted HTML5 / Rich Media files.