Using the AdButler Wordpress Plugin
The AdButler WordPress Plugin allows you to place AdButler zone tags on your WordPress site via an easy widget. You are able to select the zone and type of tags employed, saving yourself from having to directly modify the code of your site!
Step 1: Install the AdButler Wordpress Plugin
Log into your WordPress site. Under Plugins, select "Add New" and search for "AdButler." Choose "Install Now" and activate the Plugin.
Step 2: Obtain your AdButler WordPress Key
Log into your AdButler Dashboard. Navigate to "Settings" and look for the "WordPress Key" field. Select and copy this code.
Step 3: Configure your AdButler Plugin on Wordpress
In your WordPress Dashboard, select AdButler, navigate to "Settings", and enter your AdButler WordPress Key in the field.
Once you've entered your key, in your WordPress Dashboard select "Appearance," and navigate to "Widgets."
Once in Widgets you'll see the AdButler Widget under "Available Widgets." From this point you can drag & drop any number of the AdButler Widgets and place them into your Primary Sidebar, Footer Widget Area, or any other widgetable areas available in your theme.
After you have placed an AdButler Widget, select a Zone as listed in your AdButler account, choose the type of ad, and save this selection. When you refresh your WordPress site, you'll now see ad items from this zone as set out in your AdButler Zone Preferences.
AdButler WordPress Plugin Shortcodes
Use shortcodes to quickly place your ads on your site.
- In your WordPress dashboard, navigate to any page or post.
- When editing the post, choose the TEXT input for editing the post.
- Place this code into your page content where you would like your ad to appear:
Replace "0000" with a zone id from your AdButler account. This is available as the last element in the URL of your AdButler publisher's zone pages.
Save your post/page and hit preview to see your ad on the page.
Configure Interval Ads
In your WordPress Dashboard, select AdButler and navigate to Interval Ads. These settings allow you to display ads between your posts. You will need to set your AdButler WordPress API key before being able to configure interval ads.
- Check the box and set how often ads should appear.
- Use the "CSS Classes" setting to assign a space-separated list of CSS classes to the container HTML tag. You can use these classes to style the advertisements natively to your theme. Customizing the CSS should not be necessary on most themes.
- Finally, you need to configure the ad. Recurring ads are configured the same way as the AdButler widget. Select a zone to use, the type of ad, whether or not to enforce SSL, and any extra data to send to the AdButler service.
- Press save to save your settings. If you refresh the blog, ads will now be displayed between posts.