How to create a user login for an advertiser
By default, an advertiser can log into AdButler's interface, view only their statistics, and retrieve conversion tags. But the Administrator can give advertisers permission to change their password and schedule new ads.
Creating an advertiser account
- Click on Advertisers in the left navigation menu. The Advertisers section will appear.
- Click on the name of the relevant advertiser. That particular advertiser's section will appear.
- Click on Edit Advertiser Properties in the right menu. The Edit Advertiser page will appear.
- Check the Enable Dashboard Access box.
- Enter the email of the person to which you are providing access, and set a password. (optional)
- Check any of the boxes above the User Login Link to enable additional permissions for the advertiser. (optional)
- Click on Save this Advertiser.
AdButler will send the account password and login instructions to the email address you provided.
What can advertiser user accounts do?
An advertiser account can access all statistics related to their account. They cannot manage or access information about zones or publishers, even the ones assigned to them. Advertiser accounts also cannot upload items to the Media Library. Only admins and managers with that permission can upload items to the Media Library.
Advertiser accounts can also access the account's conversion tag, which is used to track conversions. You can also permit an advertiser account to schedule campaigns.
Advertiser statistics are found in the Statistics Reports and Advertiser sub-sections within the Statistics section. You can access these by clicking on Statistics on the left navigation menu. Advertiser users can create custom reports, save settings, and download their data using these subsections.
Scheduling a new ad
A scheduled ad will notify the admin of the AdButler account, giving them the option to approve the ad and assign it to an existing campaign or zone.
The scheduling form is on the first page when the advertiser logs in. It allows the advertiser to set a quota, a time frame, their contact email, the destination, and either the location of the creative or the HTML code. However, as previously noted, advertiser users cannot upload ad creatives.