How to create contract templates
The Contract Templates section lets you create templates that you can easily reuse in the Contracts section. You will add labeled fields to the appropriate spots of a base contract so that your partners can easily fill them in.
In this guide, you will learn:
- How to create a contract template.
- The fields that you can add to a contract template.
- How to use a contract template.
Creating a contract template
- Click Contract Templates on the left navigation menu. The Contract Templates section will appear.
- Click Create New on the upper right. The Create Template window will appear.
- Choose whether or not the template will use DocuSign to request for signatures.
When creating a DocuSign template, you must enter the email addresses of the recipients in the next window, then click Next Step. Otherwise, skip to step 5.
Upload a PDF copy of the contract document. You can rename the template if you wish. Otherwise, AdButler will use the document's filename as the template's name. Click Next Step.
Add fields to the contract by dragging a field's name to the appropriate spot on the document. Right-click on a field on the document to see the options to copy, paste, or delete the field.
- When creating a DocuSign template, click Next Step when you are done configuring fields and proceed to step 7. Otherwise, click Create Template to finish the process.
- Enter the subject and body of the email that DocuSign will send to the recipients. Click Create Template to finish the process.
- Available Fields
These fields are available only for DocuSign templates. DocuSign will mark these fields accordingly so that the contract's recipients can fill them in.
You must select which of your recipients will sign or enter the information on each field using the option on the far right of the Fields window. If you clicked Next Step and an Available Field turned red, that means you have not yet assigned a recipient for that field.
- Contract Values
You will provide the values for these fields - name, description, and dates - when creating a contract in the Contracts section. AdButler will add those values on the spots you specified on the template.
- Signer Values
Fields for the recipient's name and email. You will provide these details when creating and sending a contract in the Contracts section. AdButler will add those details on the spots you specified on the template.
- Custom Inputs
Miscellaneous fields. You will provide the values for these fields when you create a contract in the Contracts section. AdButler will automatically add those values on the spots you specified on the template.
You must enter a label for these fields using the options in the far right of the Fields window. You can also opt to make them required or give them maximum lengths.