How to create basic image wallpapers
Wallpaper ads are large display ads that take up the entire background of a page. This guide will walk you through setting up a basic image that can be used as the page background served as a native ad.
This style of basic wallpaper add will only work with a Dynamic Standard Zone.
Create a Standard Zone (Dynamic)
- Navigate to (Your AdButler > Publishers > Your Publisher >)
- Create a New Zone by clicking Add Zone
- Select Standard as the Zone Type
- Choose Dynamic as the size.
Create a Native Ad Template for Wallpaper Images
- Click Templates in the left navigation menu to go to the Templates section.
- Click Add Native Ad Template in the Native Ad Templates table. The New Native Template window will appear.
- Select "Custom Rendering/API" as the Native Ad Template type.
- Name the template then add an "Image URL" variable. In our sample code, we called this variable Wallpaper Image. You can optionally add in a background color parameter as well, we've called this "Background Color"
- Enter the code in the HTML/Script field, then click Save template.
Here's the code we used in our example:
<script> document.body.style.backgroundColor = "[%Background Color%]"; document.body.style.backgroundImage = "url('[%Wallpaper Image%]')"; </script>
Create a Native Wallpaper Ad Item
- Go to the section of the relevant zone (Your AdButler > Publishers > Your Publisher > Your Zone) or campaign (Your AdButler > Advertisers > Your Advertiser > Your Campaign).
- Click Add Ad Item in the Ad Items table. The Add Ad Item window will appear.
- Click Native - Custom Rendering. The New Ad Item page will appear.
- Select your wallpaper native ad template in the Template dropdown menu.
- Fill in the rest of the fields as needed, including the image URL. If you entered a destination URL, you can test it by clicking Open Destination URL to the right of the field.
- Click Save Ad Item.
Read About ad items for more on AdButler's ad item types and their parameters.