Our shared schedules feature allows you to have multiple campaign assignments share the same scheduling parameters. This is useful if you want to set an impression quota that multiple campaigns can follow.
The benefits of using a shared schedule
In many cases, you will have multiple campaigns that need to follow a common schedule and impression quota rather than serving based on individual assignment settings.
For example: you have a 300x250 ad and a 728x90 ad that are part of the same campaign and you want both to stop serving when the combined total of impressions reaches a certain limit. By using a shared schedule, each of those campaigns will serve following the same date range and contribute to the same impression quota.
By using a shared schedule, when the combined impression total reaches the limit set under Quota, the ads in the campaigns that use the shared schedule will stop serving. If the impression quota is not met, each campaign will continue to serve until the specified end date.
How to set a shared schedule
In order to setup a shared schedule, you need to have at least two campaigns assigned to the same zone or channel.
- Go to the section of the relevant zone (Your AdButler > Publishers > Your Publisher > Your Zone) or channel (Your AdButler > Channels > Your Channel).
- Click on the name of the relevant campaign under the Assigned Campaigns table. Its assignment details page will open.
- Under the Pacing & Schedule section, select Create a new schedule from inputs from the Schedule dropdown.
- Configure the schedule that you want to use for all the campaigns. Shared settings will also apply to the Frequency Capping tab.
- Click Save.
- Open the assignment page for the other campaigns for which you want to use the shared schedule.
- Under Pacing & Schedule tab, select the name of the campaign you created the original shared assignment under.
- Click Save.
Now all campaigns you've included in the shared schedule will follow the same Pacing & Schedule and Frequency Capping options you have set.