What’s New For 2023? New Year’s Recap & Development Roadmap 🌟📅
Like a fresh layer of snow covering the common path, a new year marks the chance to take steps towards your latest objectives with a clean slate.
With holiday festivities concluded for most, we’ve already started making trails in 2023.
But even with New Year’s parties having gone by, there’s still plenty to celebrate!
“Life moves pretty fast.
If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!” – Ferris Bueller
A lot has happened over the last year at AdButler - both as a software platform, and as a company.
If you haven't already, check out the latest ad network program to join early access:
Before we put 2022 behind us, here’s a recap of the year’s top highlights.
⭐ Here are some of the year’s most influential improvements to the AdButler platform:
- 20 new ad format templates added.
- IPV6 support added across the entire platform.
- Improved ad refreshing to only update when an ad is viewed.
- Dynamic ad sizing to the nearest IAB unit for programmatic ads in dynamic zones.
- Audio file support for VAST ads on Spotify added.
- VAST4 support has been provided to select customers prior to full release.
- Version 1.29 of the AdButler WordPress plugin released.
- Email ad serving fix deployed in response to Microsoft Outlook blocking ad images.
- Beta version of Google Ad Manager integration for the self-serve portal launched.
- Dozens of UI tweaks and navigation improvements across the platform.
AdButler has also continued its zero-downtime streak since 2017, operating through all of 2022's AWS outages.
Want to take a closer look at everything that happened in 2022? Browse the update archive:
- February 2022 Platform Update Notes
- March 2022 Platform Update Notes
- May 2022 Platform Update Notes
- July 2022 Platform Update Notes
- October 2022 Platform Update Notes
🏢 There’s more to a company than just products - here’s what changed at AdButler in 2022:
- AdButler became a certified carbon-neutral company.
- Partnership program launched.
- In-depth pricing page update including a “build your own plan” feature.
- New podcast series released, AdTech Unscripted.
- New success stories published.
- New ad unit gallery added to the main website.
☑️ Here are some of the most notable updates to AdButler’s broader suite of solutions:
- AdButler’s API documentation received a complete overhaul.
- Early access launched for contextual management.
- Early access launched for AdButler’s new ad network (AdLeap).
If you’ve been keeping up with our newsletter, these updates were likely familiar to you.
So what’s coming up in 2023?
Trends in ad tech can be a tricky thing to predict, with new changes and challenges springing up in the ecosystem every few months.
While plans may shift as the landscape continues to evolve, the AdButler team is excited to share some of our fundamental objectives for this year.
Here are some of the main areas AdButler's development roadmap for 2023 is focused on. 🗺️
While self-serve advertising has gained considerable traction, programmatic ads are still the primary source of income for many businesses.
We’re planning to update AdButler’s prebid adapter, the way the platform interacts with OpenRTB, and several other changes that should help everything to interface more smoothly with the ad tech ecosystem as it continues to develop.
Retail media exploded in a big way over the course of 2022. While there are many aspects to a successful retail media platform, promoted product sections are one of the most critical components to get right.
While AdButler already supports sponsored listings, we’re actively improving the solution to include more flexible options for product management, as well as more features that interface directly with AdButler’s self-serve advertising portal.
Speaking of the self-serve advertising portal, this feature is one of our top priorities for 2023, including plans to build out functionalities that allow the self-serve interface to interact seamlessly with other features on the platform
We also plan to increase the ability to customize your portal with a WYSIWYG editor, layout templates, and other options to allow for a more “hands on” approach to presentation.
It’s no secret that UID 2.0 is one of the biggest changes being discussed right now in ad tech. Similar to other hot topics like retail media and self-serve, AdButler isn’t satisfied with just talking about it - we’re excited to build something to meet future ad serving needs.
We can’t share too many specifics just yet, but similar to AdButler’s releases for our self-serve solution, contextual management solution, and our new ad network, keep an eye out for more updates surrounding a dedicated audience management solution.
As the ad tech space continues to develop, access to integrated demand and data providers is becoming increasingly important for all parties involved.
The AdButler team is planning to build out integration options with some of the more popular platforms like Google Ad Manager, while also offering new options for accessing audience data and connecting to increasingly popular demand sources like CTV.
That’s it for this month’s new year update!
2023 is shaping up to be an exciting year for ad tech, with lots of new technology and other changes on the horizon.
As always, we’re looking forward to navigating the challenges together.
From everyone here at the AdButler team, have a great start to the new year, and we look forward to sharing more with you in the next update! 👋