This guide will teach you how to generate reports for auction-based setups using the Programmatic Reports sub-section of the Statistics section. If you're already familiar with the Statistics Reports sub-section, you'll be able to generate programmatic reports as well because their interfaces are the same.
You will learn:
- About the types of programmatic reports.
- How to create a custom programmatic report.
- About the information and metrics in a custom programmatic report.
The types of programmatic reports
- Auction Placement Statistics - This report contains statistics for auction-based placements.
- S2S Statistics - This report contains statistics for server-to-server ad items.
- Demand Source Statistics - This report contains statistics for all programmatic demand sources and demand endpoints.
- Supply/Demand Breakdown - This report is a more detailed version of Demand Source Statistics, showing a breakdown of demand endpoint statistics per publisher and zone.
- Bidder Reports - This report contains statistics for header bidders.
How to create a custom programmatic report
You cannot customize the information in Supply/Demand Breakdown, so you only need to select a period from the dropdown menu then click Generate Report to create the report.
The following instructions apply to Auction Placement Statistics, S2S Statistics, Demand Source Statistics, and Bidder Reports.
- Click on Statistics near the bottom of the left navigation menu, then click on Programmatic Reports to expand the subsection menu.
- Click on the report you wish to create.
Here are the filters that you can use to specify the contents of your report:
- Report - This is where you choose the subject of the report. The subjects that you can select may vary depending on the report.
- Gear icon - This is where you choose which metrics or information to include in the report. Simply check or uncheck the options to include or exclude them, respectively. See The information and metrics in a custom programmatic report for details.
- Filters - This is where you can further narrow down the included subjects of the report. Let's say you have three Publishers in your account, but you want to create a report about only one of them. To do so, choose Publishers under Report. Then click on the Publishers dropdown menu under Filters and uncheck the names of the two publishers that you wish to exclude from the report. You can apply multiple filters to a single custom report.
- Date dropdown menu - This is where you specify the period that will be covered in the report. You can select from the various presets or enter start and end dates.
- After you've selected your filters, click Generate Report. Your custom report will load shortly at the bottom of the page. If you're not satisfied with the generated report, simply make your changes then click Generate Report again.
The information and metrics in a custom programmatic report
These are the possible details - presented as columns - that you can include in a custom programmatic report.
This is a mandatory column. It's the default way by which the report is organized, and easily lets you pinpoint trends if there are any.
This is a mandatory column. This identifies the entity that owns the subject of the report. For example, if you chose zones to be the subject of your report, then each row in the Parent column will show the publisher to which the listed zone belongs. If you chose demand endpoints to be the subject of your report, the Parent column will show the demand sources for the listed demand endpoints.
Requests (Bid Requests)
The number of times that AdButler sent a Bid Request to the Demand Endpoint within the chosen period.
The number of times that Demand Endpoints responded to Bid Requests within the chosen period.
Empty (Empty Responses)
The number of times when there was no bid for the request within the chosen period.
Filled (Filled Responses)
The number of times when the response contained a bid for the impression within the chosen period.
The percentage of filled requests for the chosen period. Its formula is Filled/Requests.
Auction Wins or Wins
The number of times when the bid from the endpoint was the highest and the winning bid within the chosen period.
The percentage of winning bids for the chosen period. Its formula is Wins/Filled.
The percentage of impressions from the winning bids for the chosen period. Its formula is Views/Wins.
The amount paid by the advertiser(s) through the Endpoint for the chosen period.
Pub. Earnings (Publisher Earnings)
The portion of the gross earnings for the chosen period that goes to the publisher(s).
Your gross earnings for the chosen period.