Using keywords for publisher ID targeting
Using keywords to stop certain publishers from showing a campaign.
When to use publisher ID targeting
Publisher ID targeting is usually only used along with channels for one specific purpose: To stop a campaign in a channel from showing in specific zones. AdButler does this by looking at the publisher ID of the zones and comparing it to the supplied publisher ID.
Setting up URL targeting
- Navigate to the assignment page for the placement you want to be targeted.
- Scroll down to and expand the targeting section.
- In the Keywords field, type in
-publisherid:followed by the publisher ID.
- Set whether the keyword is Required or Preferred with the Keyword Match Method.
- Click Save at the bottom.
Example of URL & page targeting
If you were to target a publisher with the ID 23857, you would enter
Tips for publisher ID targeting
- Publisher ID targeting can also be used to target specific publishers by removing the
-sign from the keyword.
- If you're using exclusive targeting, the ad will not serve to that publisher no matter what, even if the Keyword Match Method is set to Preferred.
- You can read more about what characters are allowed and general information in our keyword targeting article.