How to make a custom HTML video ad
This article shows you how to create a custom HTML ad item to easily play video files on standard ad zones. For information on creating VAST ads (pre-roll, mid-roll, or post-roll ads in existing video content), read How to create a VAST ad item.
Before you follow these steps, prepare the video creative to comply with IAB's aforementioned guidelines. If you are going to assign the video ad in a zone with a fixed size, make sure that the video creative's pixel dimensions match the size of the zone.
- Click on Media Library on the left navigation menu, then click on Uploads. The Uploads section of the Media Library will appear.
- Click Add New. The New Creative page will appear.
- Click Choose File then browse for your video creative file.
- Enter a name and description for the creative. (optional)
- Click Save Creative. You will be taken back to the Uploads section, with the video file added to the table of uploaded files.
- Click Copy Link on the far right of the video file's entry on the table. Paste this link into a word processor or any convenient text field, because you will use it on step 9.
- Create a custom HTML ad item in the relevant campaign. For more information, read How to create a custom HTML/Third party tag ad item.
- Paste the following code into the Raw HTML/Script field on the ad item creation page.
<a href="[TRACKING_LINK]" title="" target="_blank"> <video width="300" height="300" muted autoplay loop> <source src="link to your video creative" type="video/mp4" /> Your browser does not support the video tag. </video> </a>
link to your video creativewith the link that you copied in Step 6. Be sure to retain the quotation marks in the code.
- Change the values of
heightto match the dimensions of the creative.
- Change the
typewith the file type of your creative if it's not an MP4 file.
- Click Save Ad Item.
- Assign the campaign to the relevant zone. For more information, read How to assign a campaign to a zone or a channel.