Creating a Text Ad item
AdButler's text ads follow normal text ad conventions, with a header, a description, and an optional display URL. They are served to Text Ad zones.
Text ad items can only be served to a text zone. If you need to display a text ad within a standard zone, you can create one using a Custom HTML/3rd Party Tag ad item and building one with HTML and inline CSS. Read more about Custom HTML/3rd Party Tags ...
Creating a text ad item
- Open up the campaign or zone where you want to add a custom HTML ad item.
- Name the ad item by filling in the field. The name is only used for statistical purposes and isn't displayed with the ad item.
- Set the Title for the ad item. The title is displayed at the top of the ad item and is where users will click to be redirected.
- Enter the Destination URL for the ad when a user clicks on the ad.
- Add the main text messaging to the Text content field.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen to save any changes you made.
- If adding the ad item directly to a zone, you'll also need to complete the ad item assignment settings, if you are creating an advertiser text campaign you will need to assign the campaign to a text zone.
Optional fields during ad item creation
|Display URL||The URL displayed at the bottom of the text ad item. The URL is only for display purposes and does not click.|
|Target Window||How the ad item will direct the user if it's clicked. Recommended to leave on New.|
|Title alignment||How the Title text is aligned in the ad item.|
|Text alignment||How the Text is aligned in the ad item.|
|Display URL alignment||How the Display URL text is aligned in the ad item.|
Things to know
- Text ad items have a set appearance that only allows a small amount of customization. If you're looking for more customization, try checking out the custom HTML ad format.