Ad item types
Depending on the type of ad you are serving, you will need to choose the correct ad item type. Ad items can be created directly within Publisher zones, or within Advertiser campaigns. Learn more about ad items here...
Image Ad items
Image Ad items are used to serve static image formats, such as jpg, png, or gif. They are delivered a basic HTML
image tag wrapped in a hyperlink
a tag to direct clicks.
Flash Ad items
Although Flash is now depreciated, AdButler still provides legacy support for serving Flash ads. While we still allow you to serve Flash-based ads, they may not serve properly or may be blocked depending on the browser. Flash ad items will not serve on any mobile device.
HTML5 / Rich Media Ad items
An HTML5 / Rich Media Ad item is an IAB compatible HTML5 ZIP archive which includes an HTML file and any scripts or media used to display the ad.
Custom HTML / 3rd Party Tags
This option lets you enter a custom block of code or script to be passed along to a zone tag for display. This can be useful for: * inserting a 3rd-party tag to display ads from exchanges or outside sources (DFP, Atlas, Open X, etc.) * creating a text-based or video/text ad with additional inline styling options or custom script functions
Read more about serving 3rd-party ad tags...
VAST Ad items
VAST Ad items are video ads specifically designed to be played within a video player. VAST format allows AdButler to track exact metrics of user behaviour, such as how long someone watched the ad or if they muted it. VAST is the recognized format of video ads, and we are proud to support VAST 2.0 in AdButler.
Read more about creating VAST ad item...
Email Ad items
Email ads are a quick and easy way to get your creative to a guaranteed audience. AdButler's email zone is designed to work with both web and desktop clients, and records unique impressions even with modern email's tendency to cache. You can find general steps below to implement an email ad item, and our MailChimp guide here.
Text ad items
Text ad items are a simple, text-only ad that offers simple styling options. They contain a headline that serves as the hyperlink to the destination URL, a block of body text, and an optional display URL (can be different from the actual click-through URL).
Below are the general steps for creating a basic affiliate link in AdButler. You may want to follow these steps to track affiliate links on a website such as Facebook.
- In the Advertiser Campaign or Zone of your choosing, click on "Add New..." under Ad items.
- Select "Image Ad item" from the Ad item Type list.
- Specify a name for the ad, as all ad items need names.
- Specify a "Destination URL", where you want the ad item to send a user after a click. This can be left blank.
- Enter the location of a placeholder image (or select from Media Library). The image could be representative of the advertiser and campaign for your reference
- Set the target window to "new".
- Configure the other settings and save.
- Assign the campaign to an applicable Publisher's zone (if you created the ad item in a campaign and not a zone).
- On the Zone page, click "Get Zone Tags".
- Place this zone tag code in a closed environment, such as a development website or local HTML document.
- Open the page and right-click and select "Copy Link Address" on the creative. Use this link in your Facebook post or elsewhere to track clicks. You can also use conversion tags, available from the zone page, to achieve a similar effect.