Platform & device targeting
The ability to target specific platforms and devices in AdButler is a great compliment to any campaign, whether you're setting up mobile specific ads or targeting a user on a specific operating system.
How platform targeting works
Platform targeting works by looking at the user agent provided by the viewer. The user agent is then compared against a precreated platform target to check if there's a match.
Creating a platform target
- Navigate to the Targets section of the AdButler dashboard.
- Click the Manage Platform Targets button.
- Click the Add New button to move to the target creation screen.
- Name your target and set it using either the predefined Platform options or creating a custom one via the Browser, Operating system, or Mobile/Tablet devices options.
- Click Save Target to finish creating your target.
Assigning a platform target
A platform target is assigned using the targeting section of the assignment page. Any created targets will show up in a drop down and may be selected, or you can create a target by clicking the Add Platform Target button. You can read more about assigning targets in our assignment page article.
Setting up paired-zone targeting
- Create the two zones with their two fixed sizes under the proper publisher.
- Open up the right advertiser and create two campaigns to hold the ad items.
- Add the ad items to their respective campaigns.
- In the targets dashboard, create a mobile and a desktop target.
- Assign the campaigns to their zones, and add targeting on the assignment page.
- Retrieve the zone tags, and stack them on your website.