Creating an HTML5 rich media Ad item
A HTML5 Rich Media Ad item is an IAB compatible HTML5 ZIP archive which includes an HTML file and any scripts or media needed.
You must insert click-tracking macro's into the HTML code to ensure that clicks are recorded in AdButler. Read more about click-tracking macros ...
To create a HTML5 Rich Media Ad item:
- In the Advertiser Campaign or Zone of your choosing, click on "Add New..." under ad items.
- Select "HTML5 Rich Media Ad item" from the Ad item Type list.
- Specify a name for the ad, as all ad items need names.
- Specify a "Destination URL," where you want the ad item to send a user after a click. This can be left blank if you do not want a click through or the ad item provides its own click-through.
- Upload the creative in .zip format (or select from Media Library), ensuring that you have included the applicable AdButler Tracking Macro so your ad registers the click event.
- If there are multiple HTML files in your .zip, make sure to choose the correct one.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen to save any changes you made. If adding the ad item directly to a zone, you'll also need to set the schedule for the ad item on this screen.
Optional fields during ad item creation
|Destination URL||The URL users will go to if they click the ad item and the
|Tracking pixel||The URL of an impression tracking pixel.|
Currently, all HTML5 / Rich Media ad items need to be hosted through your media library. We cannot make retrieve externally hosted HTML5 / Rich Media files.