A publisher is the website that you are serving ads to. For each publisher, you create zones that represent the available advertising spaces they have available on their website.
Each publisher zone behaves like a link between advertising spaces on a publisher's website and the ads assigned to them in AdButler. When a user visits your publisher's website, it triggers an ad request from that zone and AdButler responds by delivering an advertisement to display on that page.
Learn more about zones...
The Publisher Dashboard
You can view overall publisher performance (impressions and clicks) and manage their zones from the Publisher view. You can also edit the publisher's properties to change their name and assign a user login.
How to Create a Publisher
- Navigate to the publisher section by clicking Publisher on the left-hand side.
- Click the Add New button to bring up the publisher creation menu.
- Enter a Name for the publisher.
- Click the Save button to finish making the publisher.
How to delete a publisher
- Navigate to your Publisher list.
- Select the checkbox beside the publisher(s) you would like to delete.
- Click on the "Delete" button at the bottom of the Publisher list.
- Review the warning that lets you know this step cannot be undone and confirm/cancel the action.
Optional publisher properties
|Default Payout||Publisher payout is useful for situations similar to profit sharing, where the revenue is split between money earned by the advertiser and money earned by the publisher. The default payout % will be applied to all new assignments added to this publisher's zones, but can also be adjusted for individual campaign assignments if needed.|
|Optional User Access||Creates a user account for your publisher that allows them login and view their statistics, and (if selected) grants them access to approve/deny ads assigned to their zones or gives them full administrator privileges.|